Overview of Program and Expectations
Well done!! You've already taken the first step, now continue your journey with us. We are a very trusted platform for education and learning offering high-quality programs to empower learners and professionals to gain deep, career-relevant and personal knowledge. We are so excited that you have registered with us! We look forward to mentoring you as you journey with us.
There are a few things I want to share with you at this stage
· First - Ongoing coaching and development is a marathon, not a sprint.
· Second - You are not alone. Our dedicated support team is standing by to help you navigate some of your specific questions and challenges. Don’t hesitate to reach out if there’s anything we can do to help.
Our contact information can be found at the end of this note.
Before you begin with the course:
Familiarize - Get acquainted with the course’s content and overview as well as expectations.
I look forward to going through this course with you and will be there every step of the way to help you better understand the options that are available for you. We're all in this together!
If you have any other questions or if you need support, please contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp at + 27828829903.
Until next time,
Tell us about yourself
Welcome to the Course! Before we get started, please fill out this quick survey.
1. How would you describe yourself or just anything that you want to bring under our attention??
2. Which goal BEST describes what you're hoping to accomplish with this course?
3. What are you hoping to get out of the course?
Each week you’ll tackle a new section, giving you maximum flexibility to work in your own free time.
With a personalised and supported framework, you’ll study in your own time, guided by an distinguished international industrial Psychologist expert and a dedicated support team.
Enjoy a personalised, people-mediated online learning experience
THE LEARNING METHODOLOGY (Please work through the PDF note very carefully to fully understand the learning methodology).
We aim to accomplish our goals by using the analogy of a house; laying a strong foundation, building new walls and contracting a strong roof.
- Equipping people to learn, apply and teach these principles
- The focus is the renewal of the mind and Spirit.
- The emphasis will be on the training and reflection rather than “teaching” or “lecturing”.
Work through all the assessments, Listen to the videos, work through the downloads and complete after each lesson the following:
- WHAT DID YOU HEAR?
- WHAT DO YOU THINK? What does it mean to you, how does it apply to your life, and what difference does it make to you?
- WHAT WILL YOU DO? What action step will you take? How will you think differently? How will you live differently?
After listening to a video clip, reflect on the following:
- What have you gained from the video clip?
- What issues are the video clip raising?
- What do you think this video clip is about?
- How do you feel about the statements in the video clip?
- Do you face similar or different issues in your own work or community?
- What can we learn from this video clip?
- Does this video clip reflect an effective way of dealing with the issue?
ENTER TO LEARN. LEAVE TO SERVE
Dr Mario Denton
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSIONS- MOST POWERFUL TOOL FOR TRANSFORMATION
1. Form a small group of 4 to 6 people
2. Appoint a spokesperson for your discussion group
3. Allow 20-30 minutes for small group discussion
4. Highlight the primary concept introduces in the specific module
5. Share insights and discuss your experiences
6. Use the O.R.I.D. approach to lead the group discussion namely O= Objective and get the facts; R reflective- Exploring emotions and Feelings; I= Interpretive- Meaning or implication and D Decisional- Future action
7. Make sure that your comments to the group are encouraging and uplifting, treating others as you want to be treated- with respect and courtesy
8. What interested you most about the module and lessons that you have learned from a specific module?
9. Remember the Life-cycle of a small community group namely: Initiation and start-up, Early stages, Growth, Maturity and Demise
10. Secure an adequate meeting place, invite people, start on time, present the vision of the group, , encourage people to ask questions, confirm time for next meeting, send reminders, decide of duration , frequency, day of the week, open and honest about issues, decide how you want to close each meeting